The web portal “Recruitment network” is created in the framework of KITENPI project.
The main goals of the portal is:
- to provides a comfortable environment for publishing of information about intellectual resources;
- to allow talents to find information about existing projects that have Arctic vector;
- to make it possible to find talents to solve practical problems in existing projects;
- to provide the integration and interaction of remote partners in Arctic region (Business enterprises, researchers and stakeholders)
Project at a Glance
KITENPI – KOLARCTIC IT Education, Networking, Partnership and Innovation – strengthens the region’s competitiveness in the area of ICT for the increasingly growing global market, and promotes a solid competence in cross-border collaboration.
KITENPI builds on collaboration models previously used between each university and their local ICT industry. The time has now come to widen the scope of some of these activites to the entire KOLARCTIC area.
Existing good practice for industrial partnering and involvement in education and research and facilitation of open innovation with student particpation will be extended to become KOLARCTC-wide activities.
KITENPI has three specific cross-border objectives:
- Academic integration, working towards creating a common pool of jobs and highly-trained human resources in ICT, and tapping into the potential of promoting more female students in ICT education. KITENPI will improve graduate education opportunities in advanced ICT areas, primarily in Mobile Systems, Pervasive Computing, Wireless Networks and E-health, and stimulate student and staff mobility within the KOLARCTIC region.
- Innovation facilitation that increase industry involvement in education and research, and exchange of best practice among the involved ICT regions. The ICT industry in the KOLARCTIC region shall get a better supply of new ideas and innovations to commercialize, and more options for joint activities among SMEs.
- Infrastructure with an extended all-KOLARCTIC open IP network, and ICT tools that make distance education and collaboration easy to accomplish.
KITENPI takes its starting point in the identified European objectives to use ICT to address health issues, the aging population and inclusion of marginalised groups. This challenge for mankind is even more in focus in the KOLARCTIC area, so there is an opportunity for the KOLARCTIC region to jointly build strong positions in this area.